Putting together the eCommerce SEO strategy, we helped our e-commerce client, an owner of a Perfume online store scale in a way giving them 124.15% growth in online transactions in 9 months.
To summarise, we attained:
Growth in Revenue
Improvement in Average Order Value
All this, in 9 months.
Before reaching out to Visibility Gurus, our eCommerce client, who runs an online perfume store faced a difficult time increasing their online transactions making it hard to grow the sales and revenues.
We carried out a website analysis. We felt a need to carry out on-page and off-page optimization of the client’s website. Several processes needed to be in place for scaling the traffic and sales. The SEO strategy was two-pronged:
- Increasing Site’s Relevancy for Searches for Website’s Products: We planned to do it through onsite optimization and content marketing campaigns focusing on popular and new products launches.
- Increasing the Domain Authority: We started with a backlink-building campaign backed by social promotion for improving the social signals (off-site optimization).
The Results Over 9 Months
We scaled the client’s transactions from 4,895 to 10,972 utilizing a customized E-commerce SEO strategy.
What We Did
- Based on research, we developed a content marketing campaign for dramatic improvement in the relevancy of the website for search queries.
- We searched for target customer queries and focused on long-tail keywords to target customers at the awareness level. Also, to increase visibility to repeating customers and give them relevant results, we focused on building a list of short tail money keywords.
- We incorporated informational, transactional, and navigational keywords in product category pages and in primary products so that buyers could easily find what they are looking for.
- On-site Search Engine Optimization – As a part of the campaign, we created landing pages, and fixed the site architecture as per the keyword research. The onsite optimization using primary keywords, long-tail keywords, informational, navigational, and transactional keywords meant that we created clear website topics and optimize on-page elements like meta tags, description, alt tags, and content for improving upon Google indexing. Plus we built backlinks.
- Checking trust signals, we performed site speed optimization for enhancing the visitor experience. Mobile-first indexing was the other parameter we checked.
- Google Analytics Data/Tracking – Google Analytics is the key. We integrated tracking taking the point of start as the real-time baseline for determining the impact of future marketing efforts. This approach in implementing a content marketing plan helped us build a feedback loop allowing us to analyze and invest more time in the marketing activities that worked the most.